Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger dead at 27

News broke yesterday afternoon that actor Heath Ledger had been found dead in his Soho apartment about 2:30 in the afternoon. Discovered by his maid and masouuse, the actors sudden death left the world to believe it was caused by a drug overdose. As of today rolled-up $20 bill was found near Heath Ledger's body, though no illegal drugs were found in his apartment, police said Wednesday -- the same day an autopsy on the "Brokeback Mountain" actor came back inconclusive.

Authorities found six different types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety and an antihistamine, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe.

The $20 bill was to be taken to a lab for testing, though no visible drug residue was found on it, police said. At a Manhattan news conference, NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly did not elaborate on whether police think the bill, discovered on the floor near Ledger's bed, may have been used to snort drugs.

No comments: