Thursday, June 5, 2008

From Full House to Crystal Meth.


You all remember Stephanie Tanner (played by Jodie Sweetin) on Full House right? Well apparently child stardom took her down the dark and scary road of being a Crystal Meth addict for some years, Jodie spoke to People magazine this month about what life has been like as a former user now mother to a 7 week old baby girl.

“I’m very lucky to have made it through to the other side,” she says. “[There are days] that I don’t think about it at all. It’s always there, but it’s not looming over my head like it was.”

After keeping her drug addiction secret from her first husband, LAPD officer Shaun Holguin, Jodie eventually checked herself into a drug rehab facility where she went underwent six weeks of intense treatment.

After a divorce from her first husband, Jodie then met and married Cody Herpin, a film transportation coordinator.

Now, 26 years old, Jodie is a mother to a 7-week-old daughter named Zoie. “You look at your baby and think, ‘Wow, I did that.’ It’s really amazing,” she told People.

“I’m still like, ‘Oh, wow, I’m a mom.’ It’s the most overwhelming, exciting thing I’ve ever done.”

No comments: