Monday, June 2, 2008

What keeps a guy hooked for life

I picked up the new issue of Glamour magazine on sunday to read during my flight to Atlanta. I came across this great article titled "What keeps a guy hooked on you for life" and to my surprise editor and chief of XXL Datwon Thomas gave his reasons for what keeps him hooked to his wife for sixteen years. Reading stuff like this always makes my heart melt. Fellas pay attention to the passage below and find some time to ask yourself what keeps you hooked on your lady.

It's her drive

Because I created King- a popular men's magazine full of beautiful,scantily clad women with bodies that could make guys do unspeakable things-many people think my life is filled with drunken one-night stands,that I wake up in a different hotel room each day next to sex-fueled,celebrity-chasing video vixens. This is so far from the truth. I'm a devoted husband of seven years,happily married to the woman of my dreams.
The wandering eye that all of us men are born with loses focus when a love supreme fills the soul cavity. I judge beauty and sexiness for a living; and it's an easy job-if it looks good, it goes in the magazine. To judge your life partner; someone to raise kids with,to grow old with, to share your vulnerabilities with, that takes a lot more that a lustful glance. I met Tinika in high school when I was a junior and she was a sophomore,and though she is beautiful, what has always attracted me to her most is her drive. No matter how big or small the event or project, she gets it done and gets it done now. I just copy her. She got her drivers license the moment she could. I was a year older- I couldn't have her driving before me! So I finally went and got mine. Same thing happens now around tax time-my W-2's sit and collect dust until I hear how much she's getting back in her refund, and then I call my accountant. She motivates my lazy ass, and I love her dearly for it. I pray that we stay strong for as long as we both shall love.. and a little past that would be hot too.
                                   -Datwon Thomas, 33, in love for 16 years <33

3 comments:

h.e.r.fection said...

aww ahh.. this is awesome, he is so wondaful

Anonymous said...

Too bad she doesn't know his sorry ass is a stalker.

Anonymous said...

That nigga fucks any thing with a hole that bitch is stupid i can make her happy