Friday, August 15, 2008

Mike Jones Apologizes


I found this in my inbox from Mike Jones's PR firm, so for any of you who were offended by his busted lip and lack of street fighting skills this apology is for you.. Take it away Mike Jonesssss

Houston, TX – Rapper and actor, Mike Jones officially addresses the public, concerning the incident that occurred during the 3rd Annual Ozone Awards, August 11,2008, in Houston, TX. Jones is known for his catchy southern lyrics, and his exuberant willingness to speak to America's youth about education, and the issues concerning America today. He is a Houston native and takes pride in his city, its accomplishments and its reputation in the hip hop community.

On August 13, 2008, Mike Jones begins by addressing the city of Houston, his fans, the hip hop community, fellow artists and Julia Beverly, Owner of Ozone Magazine, by stating: "First off before I point any fingers, I personally do want to apologize for the incident that happened at the Ozone Awards. I hope you all don't get the wrong impression of me or my city. The incident that I was put in was totally unexpected and totally unprofessional. If I knew this was going to happen at a big event such as the Ozone Awards, first, I would not have brought my mother and second, I would have done everything in my power to prevent it. Knowing that this event was big, not only for me and other artist but for the city as a whole; I pray and hope that you the people can see and understand me and the unfortunate situation I was put in. I am aware of how big this event was for the city of Houston and the entire hip hop community. Please know that I had no intention of tarnishing this great opportunity, nor the experiences of those who participated in it. I apologize once again for everything that happened but I cannot apologize for having to defend myself from someone bringing unexpected or un-called violence to me and my family at any time. I apologize once again and I appreciate your support and understanding."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very adult of him, I respect it.

The Nerd At The Cool Table said...

Lmao@ this nigga. Nigga u got stole on while ya mom was there!! No need to apologize....smh

Time for Mike Jones to go into hiding just like cam did when he got stole....go to miami and just chill for a minute....but please don't film any videos from ya small beach house like cam did...lmao