Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Plans

I read a quote once that went something like this "Life happens when you're busy making other plans." Life sure does happen at the most random times, a single photo, phone call or rumor can turn your world upside down in the matter of a moment. We find ourselves everyday making plans for our futures, our careers, our love lives and dare I say it even the plans for our unknown spouses and children. We're taught from childhood to "Plan" but never really taught what to do when our plans don't go as "planned". So we steer ourselves through this crazy so called life hoping not to mess up our "plans". But then life finds a way to sneak back up on us and disrupt these plans. So you ask yourself "What Now?" Do I walk away when the tough gets going, and leave my plan behind to then wonder what coulda, shoulda, woulda? Or do I stay and fight for what I know in my heart was a good plan? 
I'm not the most religious person but whenever my boss comes to a fork in the road, or some sort of hardship in life he asks himself first if the devil is playing a trick on him, in Christianity your taught that when bad things happen to mess up your plans to always remember the devil will try at all costs to test your character, your will power and even test your love for others. 
Life happens, seasons change, the people you thought were in it for the long haul leave and you're left to pick up the pieces to your plan, but never give up on your plan, your plans have helped to mold you into the person that stands before you. Cherish those around you that you hold dear to your heart, love hard, find it in your heart of all hearts to forgive and one thing my mommy always taught me was to listen to your heart for it will never steer you in the wrong direction.  
I unfortunately had to love, learn and lose all in one night. My plan has shifted for a moment but I keep my vision board close in perfect sight so I can't and won't let my plan get away.


Heard Em Say (Feat. Adam Levine of Maroon 5) - Kanye West

2 comments:

American D.R.E.A.M. said...

That's some real shit right just stay focused you got it

Twaun The Creative Wardrobe Creator said...

Ur one of my fav bloggers now..Dope!!!