Thursday, September 4, 2008

Straight from the Source


Yesterday I had the pleasure of sitting down with former Editor in Chief of The Source Kim Osorio. These days Kim is the H.B.I.C over at Russell Simmons newly founded GlobalGrind
I had received an email about 2 weeks ago from the people over at GlobalGrind primarily because they were so impressed by the lack of me holding my tongue (in case you missed it watch it here JenThePen) they asked to set up a meeting with Kim and I. Mind you I was super impressed that a woman I had looked to up years ago while I was still interning and desperately wanting to break into the music industry had now taken notice to me and my blog!!! Guess I'm doing something right...
Kim made sure I got my copy of "Straight from the Source" her tell-all book about her rise to power at The Source. The book has not yet hit shelves so I'm considering myself part of the elite that got an advanced copy. 
I was extremely tired by the time I made it home last night but couldn't get to bed without at least starting the book, I made it up to chapter five and let me tell you this, This book is definitely my kind of reading! Juicy Juicy Juicy!!!! Every couple of days I'm gonna give you guys an excerpt from the book that most intrigued me so without further or due here it is....

"The next Friday,I met Nas at a hotel in Long Island after hours. Yes,ready to do the do. When I arrived Nas had already filled the jacuzzi with water. He was blasting Power 105.1 ,I could hear Rick James's "Give it to me Baby" mixed with static playing through what sounded like busted speakers when I knocked on the door. How ironic.
Nas was wearing a long sleeved thermal and jeans, and was holding an opened bottle of alcohol when he opened the door to let me in. I walked into the empty room and started opening the closets.Before I had arrived Tia had called my phone to remind me to voice my disclaimer and search the room, so I rummaged through the closet looking for anything that resembled a video camera. "I do not agree to be photographed or videotaped or anything like that". I said out loud. Just in case.
"You're crazy",Nas said with a laugh. "Now get in this tub".
I spent the next five minutes looking over the room,while Nas smoked a blunt and sat comfortably in the water. "Oh my God,you're naked", I said jokingly before shutting off the lights so I could take off my clothes. I may not have found a camera,I thought,but there would be nothing visible to tape if the lights were off....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg does everybody in the industry just fuck anybody, everybody just fuck fucks fucks, nasty, classless, emotionless i am so turned off, but yes i will continue reading if you post em.

it doesnt matter who said...

ooooooooh shit!
kim is amazing: "I do not agree to be photographed or videotaped or anything like that"
gotta treat everything like a business transaction. thats what separates the women from the hoes.
cant wait to read more!
~lissa

Anonymous said...

when does the book come out ?

Anonymous said...

A disclaimer does not mean u r not ho. but this is so fucking juicy

Scrapper1 said...

see Nas,being a nice guy in this biz still gets u put on blast!Nas should write a book and speak his piece on the Carmen,Kim O and other situations.

DKNY OH MY IM JIGGY said...

what exactly seperates her from superhead??? because she was editor in chief of a CORNY ass magazine and Karrine was a video chick!! all these book writing broads are the same yes including faith evans scandalous industry hoes YEAH I SAID IT!!!