Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Straight From The Source"



Two weeks back I promised you all that as I read "Straight From The Source" a expose written by Kim Osorio (former editor in chief) of the Source magazine that I would indeed supply you all with excerpts from the book that I found interesting. I have to admit I've been a slow reader trying to juggle so many things, but not slow enough to miss chapter eight "California Love"

"Right before 50 went out to L.A.,we became friends. Industry friends, of course. Then one day he asked me to be more then that. Initially, I was caught off guard. It happens in the music industry. One minute you are working, then the next minute you are in a full blown relationship,or atleast that's what you think it is until it's over. Our conversations would start off with SoundScan numbers, the recording industry's weekly synopsis of album sales, then end with what sounded like a song line. I used to hit the speakerphone button while he was talking just so someone in the network could see me mouth the words as he said them because I always knew what he was about to say. Sometimes I would hear words in songs that I swore I'd heard before. "Will you be my best friend" he asked me once during a late night phone call. I think 50's everyday conversation is just constant practice for his next album."   -Kim Osorio

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Will you be my best friend?" Wow, I mean damn. 50 still uses that line. Wow!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some popular white girl didn't read the book and placing an excerpt that everyone placed on their page...LMAO and u have the exclusives......hahahahahahhahahahah (as 50 will laugh and say)...